Performers from the group Beyond Fire Tribe lit up the night Friday at “Fire and Dance,” a celebration of art and education at the Woolman Semester School in Nevada City. Students and staff of the Woolman Semester and Sierra Friends Center gathered with the broader community to commemorate the 123rd firing of the school’s unusual six-chambered, wood-fired climbing kiln.
All fired up
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Cats and dogs: One big happy family — or not?
- New report, public tour on tap at Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park in Nevada County
- Nevada County group pushes for more restrictive outdoor pot grow ordinance
- State of Jefferson, Keep It California to square off at Nevada County public meeting
- Police blotter: Fight reported as involving club, knife