Thirteen chili chefs from around the area are scheduled to compete for top prizes in Sunday’s annual Rough and Ready Chili Contest. The cookers will begin preparation at 9 a.m. Sunday with judging and public tasting to start at 1 p.m. Tasting kits with tickets for six tastings will go on sale at 11:30 a.m. for $5. Additional chili, hamburgers, beverages and bake sale items will be available as part of this fundraising event to benefit the Rough and Ready Chamber of Commerce, Grange, Volunteer Fire Fighters and Fire Department Auxiliary. Blacksmith demonstrations, souvenir sales and music by the Fruit Jar Pickers make this a great event for the whole family.
13 chili chefs to compete in Rough and Ready Chili Cook-off
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Lane closure puts popular Nevada City bar owners under spotlight
- Schedule out for Dorsey Marketplace meeting times
- TV show 'American Pickers' looking for finds in California, could visit Nevada County
- Local sculptor created giant panthers for Carolina team stadium
- Murder trial: Mother's 911 call played during testimony