Plans of Manzanita Parlor No. 29 Native Daughters of the Golden West to rededicate a Woman’s Christian Temperance Union marker originally installed April 25, 1926, at the Grass Valley Congregational Church are now delayed. The permit process and construction approval of the new marker have led to a postponement of the project until early next year, possibly on the 126th anniversary of the parlor. The original 1926 plaque marked the historic spot where the Women’s Christian Temperance Union was organized in Grass Valley March 25, 1874. The local society pioneered the formation of the group and functioned for four or five months prior to the founding of the National Women’s Temperance Union in the East. In California, W.C.T.U. was upheld of the cause for three years before the state was organized under the national charter.