More than 3,000 families are registered with Interfaith Food Ministry, a volunteer-based organization, to receive supplemental groceries. Ten percent of theses are seniors and 30 percent are children. U.S. Postal Service carriers encourage you to help with this community need. Please place your nonperishable donations next to your mailbox on Tuesday, Sept 17. Carriers and volunteer drivers will pick up food along their route. If you have a walking carrier or if it is more convenient, drop off your donation at your local post office. Thank you.
- Terry Lamphier: Big development is progress? Really?
- Washington murder victim, dog both shot
- Andy Burton: What good are rules without accountability?
- Nevada County marijuana: Officials, grower advocate discuss next steps for grow rules
- Nevada City's Summer Nights festival brings the music (PHOTO GALLERY)