More than 3,000 families are registered with Interfaith Food Ministry, a volunteer-based organization, to receive supplemental groceries. Ten percent of theses are seniors and 30 percent are children. U.S. Postal Service carriers encourage you to help with this community need. Please place your nonperishable donations next to your mailbox on Tuesday, Sept 17. Carriers and volunteer drivers will pick up food along their route. If you have a walking carrier or if it is more convenient, drop off your donation at your local post office. Thank you.
Postal workers Food Drive tomorrow
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Bear River High School senior makes progress in recovery following 'freak' football injury
- Motorcyclist dies in Highway 20 crash
- Found body investigated as homicide by Nevada County Sheriff's Office
- Authorities: Grass Valley man dies in Yuba County crash
- Home Design: Lisa Quinn brings renowned experience to Nevada City home store