Hilltop Commons in Grass Valley is offering a free seminar designed to educate community members on Medicare and answer questions. The seminar, hosted by the Health Insurance Counseling Advocate Program (HICAP), is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Sept. 18. The Medicare Annual Election Period (also called Open Enrollment) runs from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7. During this time people can make changes to their prescription drug plans for the next year. Refreshments will be served at the seminar, which is located at Hilltop Commons, 131 Eureka St., in Grass Valley. To RSVP or get more information, call 530-272-5274.
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Two arrested, one sought in connection with North Star Mine property burglaries
- George Boardman: Just in time for holidays, food police are out to spoil the party
- Body of Nevada City man found in Yuba River
- Nurse at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital retires after 35 years of service