It’s not too late to sign up for Partners in English Language Learning’s (PiELL) Tutor Training, which takes place on Sept. 21 and 28. This is a two-day training session, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Upon completion of the training, tutors are matched with an adult student wishing to learn English as a second language. Tutors and students meet wherever and whenever is convenient for an average of an hour per week. Please think about becoming a volunteer ESL tutor and helping someone reach their goals. Call 530-274-8428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Former chaplain faces profound challenge after ALS diagnosis
- Two injured in Highway 49 collision near La Barr Meadows Road
- MMA: Local fighter wins bout in 18 seconds
- Nevada County Tea Party: Hate mail casts pall over July 4th parade, new 'Liberty Center'
- Charisse Lolli: About county's hearing on Dollar General