A Colfax support group, “Life After Suicide Sucks,” helps participants share struggles with grief and offers coping suggestions. Members share frustrations, questions and victories over depression and grief. The group is designed to offer support, encouragement and information through shared experiences in a caring, compassionate environment. The group meets the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. The next meetings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday and Sept. 26 at Colfax Pizza Factory’s Community Room, 555 S. Auburn St. in Colfax. Meetings are free. The group was founded by Paula “Rusty” Westeren, whose mission is to help others who have had a loved one die by suicide. She has struggled to find a way to heal and move forward in the aftermath of her husband taking his life in March 2013. This group is the first step in reaching out and finding strength. For information, contact Paula “Rusty” Westeren at 530-852-2345, email LifeAfterSuicideSucksGroup@gmail.com or visit http://LifeAfterSuicideSucks.org.
Support group for those touched by suicide
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- LOWELL FIRE: More than 800 fight Lowell Fire in Nevada, Placer counties (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)
- Cal Fire: Full containment of Lowell Fire possible by weekend (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- LOWELL FIRE: Injured firefighters released (VIDEO)
- As firefighters battle Lowell Fire, Nevada County community does its part to help
- Nevada County Fairgrounds becomes Cal Fire animal evacuation center