The Camptonville Historical Society will hold its third car trek on Saturday, Sept. 21, to learn about Pelton’s waterwheel and the local history of electric power generation. Lester Pelton was living in Camptonville when he invented the Pelton water wheel.
Pelton Wheel Trek includes tour of Colgate Powerhouse and Bullard’s Bar Dam
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Clinic to give vaccinations to adults, children
- North San Juan Fire board to discuss Measure Q
- Roadwork announced for this week
- Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Volunteer Nevada County
- Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County advocates for peace