A new “Scout roundup” is scheduled for 6 p.m., Sept. 5, at Seaman’s Lodge in Pioneer Park. First-grade through fourth-grade boys who are interested in Cub Scouts are invited to meet the cubmaster, den leaders, committee chairperson and other parents from Pack 23. Members don’t need to live in Nevada City. The pack has more than 50 scouts each year. Events throughout the year include the pinewood derby, Camp Lassen, overnight adventures, a rocket launch, monthly outings, community service projects and more. Boys can join the Cub Scouts any time and will be placed in dens with kids their age. For those unable to attend or who would like more information, call or email Todd Lawson to scheduled a pack meeting visit at 530-305-9212 or email@example.com. Seaman’s Lodge is located at 421 Nimrod St. in Nevada City, It’s the building next to the baseball field, just up the hill from the pool.
2013-2014 scouting year about to begin
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Motorcyclist dies in Highway 20 crash
- Nevada County officials, medical marijuana advocates to gather for 2nd meeting
- Nevada City Mayor's initiative seeks to discourage tobacco sales
- Nevada County blotter: 2-year-old child spotted running across highway
- Unrelated burglary, embezzlement cases continue through Nevada County Superior Court