Prospector’s Nursery will again host Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release’s fundraising fest, “Where the (Nevada County) Wild Things Are,” from 6 to 9 p.m. on Sept. 7. WR&R’s educational ambassador birds will be there to greet guests, along with live music by the local band, Three Times Through. Admission will include complimentary hors d’oeuvres, a gift bag containing a WR&R wineglass, a wine ticket for a glass of Lucchesi wine, a raffle ticket, and other goodies. Tickets are $30 each, or two for $50, in advance. Tickets at the gate will be $35 each. Tickets can be purchased at Prospector’s Nursery, 10003 Granholm in Nevada City; the BriarPatch Co-op, 290 Sierra College Dr., Grass Valley; WR&R’s Intake Center,799 Maltman Dr., Grass Valley; or Lucchesi Winery, 161 Mill St. in Grass Valley. There will also be raffle prizes donated by local merchants, and a fine arts silent auction featuring works by talented artists. All proceeds go to help feed and care for rescued wildlife. For more info, or to donate raffle or art pieces, call Karen at 530-388-8525, or email email@example.com.
Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release's fundraiser coming up
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Grass Valley man arrested after alleged shoplifting incident leads to injured store employee
- Nevada City's Alpha building receives long-planned makeover
- Nevada City resident files class-action suit against Volkswagen
- One arrested, two sought in Nevada County drugs, weapons case
- Chaos theory: 'Active shooter' training prepares law enforcement for worst-case scenarios