Prospector’s Nursery will again host Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release’s fundraising fest, “Where the (Nevada County) Wild Things Are,” from 6 to 9 p.m. on Sept. 7. WR&R’s educational ambassador birds will be there to greet guests, along with live music by the local band, Three Times Through. Admission will include complimentary hors d’oeuvres, a gift bag containing a WR&R wineglass, a wine ticket for a glass of Lucchesi wine, a raffle ticket, and other goodies. Tickets are $30 each, or two for $50, in advance. Tickets at the gate will be $35 each. Tickets can be purchased at Prospector’s Nursery, 10003 Granholm in Nevada City; the BriarPatch Co-op, 290 Sierra College Dr., Grass Valley; WR&R’s Intake Center,799 Maltman Dr., Grass Valley; or Lucchesi Winery, 161 Mill St. in Grass Valley. There will also be raffle prizes donated by local merchants, and a fine arts silent auction featuring works by talented artists. All proceeds go to help feed and care for rescued wildlife. For more info, or to donate raffle or art pieces, call Karen at 530-388-8525, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release's fundraiser coming up
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Update: Suspected shooter ID'd, search called off near Washington
- Suspect in Alta Sierra vehicle arson arrested after chase
- Defendants take pleas in Washington Ridge drug-smuggling scheme
- Cannabis dispensary to be considered by Nevada City Council
- Nevada City Council moves forward with marijuana dispensary process