The Nevada County Planning Department would like to notify the public that it has now obtained a large collection of information regarding the county’s history from the pre-Gold Rush era onwards. The material covers a range of topics, including local pioneer settlers, historic transportation modes, historic routes, trails and roads, land use and settlement patterns, overland emigration, immigration trends, mining methods, agriculture, county governance, commemorations and celebrations. These documents are public resources. For information, call 530-273-6881.
- UPDATE: Serious injuries reported in three-car crash on Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Patricia Smith: Medical marijuana, to tax or ban?
- Cornish Christmas: Kicking off the holiday season
- Mobile technology van to bring Wi-Fi, equipment to rural Nevada County
- Police blotter: Woman loves him, but he wants to go to jail