The Nevada County Planning Department would like to notify the public that it has now obtained a large collection of information regarding the county’s history from the pre-Gold Rush era onwards. The material covers a range of topics, including local pioneer settlers, historic transportation modes, historic routes, trails and roads, land use and settlement patterns, overland emigration, immigration trends, mining methods, agriculture, county governance, commemorations and celebrations. These documents are public resources. For information, call 530-273-6881.
New historical documents now available to the public
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Cal Fire reports possible fires due to lightning strike
- Maintaining what they love: Gold Country Trails Council keeps trails in top form
- Daniel Adamik, convicted of murder in 1981 Nevada County case, denied parole
- Community member hosts party for Scotten School student battling leukemia