The Nevada County Planning Department would like to notify the public that it has now obtained a large collection of information regarding the county’s history from the pre-Gold Rush era onwards. The material covers a range of topics, including local pioneer settlers, historic transportation modes, historic routes, trails and roads, land use and settlement patterns, overland emigration, immigration trends, mining methods, agriculture, county governance, commemorations and celebrations. These documents are public resources. For information, call 530-273-6881.
New historical documents now available to the public
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada County man dies in La Barr Meadows Road crash
- Beale airman arrested in child sex sting
- Penn Valley committee weighs school closure amid deficit spending, declining enrollment
- Cynthia Hren: Lunch with Donald Trump
- Local inspiration: Artist Miriam Morris highlights Nevada County locals in latest work