Nevada County Democratic Women’s Club will meet at 9:30 a.m., Sept. 7, in Grass Valley at Christopher’s Old World Deli. Buffet breakfast is $13. The guest speaker is Lorraine Reich, who will speak on the use of drones in the U.S. and internationally. Nominations will be taken for the annual Eleanor Roosevelt Award given at the November luncheon. Please bring packages of diapers or a donation for the Nevada County Diaper Project. RSVP for our September meeting to 530-432-9821 or email to Nancy at email@example.com.
- Containment of Lowell Fire expected Aug. 10
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Scientists: Increasing evaporation influencing historic changes at Lake Tahoe
- Firefighters thank Nevada County for its support during Lowell Fire
- Officials: Full containment of Lowell Fire approaches