The Nevada County Democratic Women’s Club will meet at 9 a.m. Aug. 3 in a new location: Christopher’s Deli on West Main Street in Grass Valley. Cost of breakfast is $12. The featured speaker will be Richard Johnson, chief of the Nisenan tribe of the Nevada City Rancheria, speaking on the history of local Native Americans and their current hopes and concerns. The club’s new officers include Shanti Emerson, president; Sushila Mertens, president elect; Nancy Eubanks, secretary; and Janet Reynolds, treasurer. Also in August, members will help staff the Democratic booth at the Nevada County Fair from Aug. 7 through 11. Please RSVP to Nancy at 530-432-9821 or at email@example.com reserve a spot by July 30.
Nevada County Democratic Women's Club to meet Aug. 3
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Sheriff: Narcotics officer cleared of misconduct after months-long investigation
- Camping in the backyard: Inn Town Campground in Nevada City set to open this summer
- Members launch campaign to keep doors of Grass Valley Elks Lodge open
- Brothers sentenced to life without parole for murder of Brian Spalding
- Dist. 2 supes candidates clash on Measure W