The Nevada County Democratic Women’s Club will meet at 9 a.m. Aug. 3 in a new location: Christopher’s Deli on West Main Street in Grass Valley. Cost of breakfast is $12. The featured speaker will be Richard Johnson, chief of the Nisenan tribe of the Nevada City Rancheria, speaking on the history of local Native Americans and their current hopes and concerns. The club’s new officers include Shanti Emerson, president; Sushila Mertens, president elect; Nancy Eubanks, secretary; and Janet Reynolds, treasurer. Also in August, members will help staff the Democratic booth at the Nevada County Fair from Aug. 7 through 11. Please RSVP to Nancy at 530-432-9821 or at email@example.com reserve a spot by July 30.
Nevada County Democratic Women's Club to meet Aug. 3
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Grass Valley police: Man chokes 2 women, gets stabbed with scissors
- Caring for the caregiver: Free respite care coming to Nevada County
- Colfax High School student arrested, accused of making threats
- Online courses set to begin Oct. 12 for senior cohousing
- Speakers to debate pros, cons of recreational pot measure