The Nevada County Democratic Women’s Club will meet at 9 a.m. Aug. 3 in a new location: Christopher’s Deli on West Main Street in Grass Valley. Cost of breakfast is $12. The featured speaker will be Richard Johnson, chief of the Nisenan tribe of the Nevada City Rancheria, speaking on the history of local Native Americans and their current hopes and concerns. The club’s new officers include Shanti Emerson, president; Sushila Mertens, president elect; Nancy Eubanks, secretary; and Janet Reynolds, treasurer. Also in August, members will help staff the Democratic booth at the Nevada County Fair from Aug. 7 through 11. Please RSVP to Nancy at 530-432-9821 or at firstname.lastname@example.org reserve a spot by July 30.
- Two injured in Highway 49 collision near La Barr Meadows Road
- Former chaplain faces profound challenge after ALS diagnosis
- BOLO issued for missing Nevada City juvenile
- VIDEO: After online fame, Lake Wildwood teen gives first in-person piano concert in Grass Valley
- Proposed Alta Sierra Dollar General store decision referred to Nevada County planning commission