The Nevada County Democratic Women’s Club will meet at 9 a.m. Aug. 3 in a new location: Christopher’s Deli on West Main Street in Grass Valley. Cost of breakfast is $12. The featured speaker will be Richard Johnson, chief of the Nisenan tribe of the Nevada City Rancheria, speaking on the history of local Native Americans and their current hopes and concerns. The club’s new officers include Shanti Emerson, president; Sushila Mertens, president elect; Nancy Eubanks, secretary; and Janet Reynolds, treasurer. Also in August, members will help staff the Democratic booth at the Nevada County Fair from Aug. 7 through 11. Please RSVP to Nancy at 530-432-9821 or at firstname.lastname@example.org reserve a spot by July 30.
Nevada County Democratic Women’s Club to meet Aug. 3
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Madelyn Helling Library to celebrate Teen Tech Week
- Gardner/author to speak at garden club meeting
- Candidate for secretary of state to speak at Nevada County Republican Party’s spring dinner
- RSVP- Volunteer Nevada County
- Grass Valley movie theater employee reportedly embezzled thousands
- Proposed Grass Valley shopping center bad for small business?
- Jaguar totaled after GPS leads couple into Nevada County mudhole
- Involuntary manslaughter charges contemplated in Tahoe Hotshot death
- Candidate filing creates race for Nevada County Superintendent of Schools