The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County, which advocates for human rights, equality and justice for all in Palestine and Israel, is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at a private home. The group will be making plans for the program by Maxine Kaufman-Lacusta, “Refusing to be Enemies: Palestinian and Israeli Nonviolent Resistance to the Israeli Occupation,” scheduled for 7 p.m. on July 20 at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church Street, Grass Valley. The group meets on the third Tuesday of each month. Call 530-713-1131 for directions. Everyone who is interested in peace in the Middle East is encouraged to join.
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Body of Nevada City man found in Yuba River
- George Boardman: Just in time for holidays, food police are out to spoil the party
- Highway 20 collision in Nevada County sends woman to hospital
- Two arrested, one sought in connection with North Star Mine property burglaries