The Gold Country Yacht Club meets the second Wednesday of every month excluding December. July 10 is the next general meeting at Scotts Flat Lake, at the Club House. Dinner beings at 6 p.m. (bring something to barbecue and something to share) and the Commodore’s bell is at 7 p.m. All salts, with or without a boat, are welcome to attend. Questions? Visit http://www.gcyc.net.
- Containment of Lowell Fire expected Aug. 10
- Firefighters thank Nevada County for its support during Lowell Fire
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Officials: Full containment of Lowell Fire approaches
- Scientists: Increasing evaporation influencing historic changes at Lake Tahoe