The Fourth Annual Gold Show at Alleghany’s Underground Gold Miners Museum is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Sunday, with tours of the 16 to 1 Mine on Sunday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. The event includes a mineral display, a carbide lamp demonstration, historical images and one-hour walking tours of historic Alleghany. Admission is $2. For more information, visit http://www.undergroundgold.com.
Annual Gold Show in Alleghany
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Pouring on the resources brings Lowell Fire to 60% containment (VIDEO)
- High-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- Local fire units quash vegetation fire on Litton Trail
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire
- Nevada County community helps shore up Amgen debt