The Tapestry Network of Nevada County has earned a “Raising Star” award from the American Cancer Society for the funds raised online prior to the recent Relay for Life event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. By conclusion of the event, “Team BAMMER” earned the next level award for more than $2,500 raised. The nationwide Christian Business Women’s Organization is dedicated to cross-marketing each other’s businesses with networking opportunities and serving the community. It is an entirely volunteer-run organization. As of the “Relay” event, the organization surpassed the entire 2012 giving record with more than $6,700 raised in 2013 for Nevada County’s nonprofits. More than 30 ladies participated in the Relay. For information about The Tapestry Network of Nevada County, visit http://nevadacountybamtapestry.com.
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- 'The Blue Vault of Heaven': Alonzo Delano and The Great Grass Valley Fire of 1855
- Drought, fire risk causes insurance headaches for Nevada County homeowners
- Judge rules illegal search, pot case dismissed
- Nevada Union teen dies as result of car crash injuries
- Police blotter: Racial fight with shots fired reported at campground