The Tapestry Network of Nevada County has earned a “Raising Star” award from the American Cancer Society for the funds raised online prior to the recent Relay for Life event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. By conclusion of the event, “Team BAMMER” earned the next level award for more than $2,500 raised. The nationwide Christian Business Women’s Organization is dedicated to cross-marketing each other’s businesses with networking opportunities and serving the community. It is an entirely volunteer-run organization. As of the “Relay” event, the organization surpassed the entire 2012 giving record with more than $6,700 raised in 2013 for Nevada County’s nonprofits. More than 30 ladies participated in the Relay. For information about The Tapestry Network of Nevada County, visit http://nevadacountybamtapestry.com.
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Yuba County landlord guilty in marijuana cultivation case
- Kidnap suspect arrested in Nevada County
- K-9 officer Rudiger gets new ride after accident
- Ballot measure arguments face tight deadlines in Nevada County pot, Nevada City online rentals and business license measures
- Suspect in Grass Valley burglaries arrested in Sacramento