The Tapestry Network of Nevada County has earned a “Raising Star” award from the American Cancer Society for the funds raised online prior to the recent Relay for Life event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. By conclusion of the event, “Team BAMMER” earned the next level award for more than $2,500 raised. The nationwide Christian Business Women’s Organization is dedicated to cross-marketing each other’s businesses with networking opportunities and serving the community. It is an entirely volunteer-run organization. As of the “Relay” event, the organization surpassed the entire 2012 giving record with more than $6,700 raised in 2013 for Nevada County’s nonprofits. More than 30 ladies participated in the Relay. For information about The Tapestry Network of Nevada County, visit http://nevadacountybamtapestry.com.
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Two injured in Highway 49 collision near La Barr Meadows Road
- Former chaplain faces profound challenge after ALS diagnosis
- BOLO issued for missing Nevada City juvenile
- VIDEO: After online fame, Lake Wildwood teen gives first in-person piano concert in Grass Valley
- MMA: Local fighter wins bout in 18 seconds