The Tapestry Network of Nevada County has earned a “Raising Star” award from the American Cancer Society for the funds raised online prior to the recent Relay for Life event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. By conclusion of the event, “Team BAMMER” earned the next level award for more than $2,500 raised. The nationwide Christian Business Women’s Organization is dedicated to cross-marketing each other’s businesses with networking opportunities and serving the community. It is an entirely volunteer-run organization. As of the “Relay” event, the organization surpassed the entire 2012 giving record with more than $6,700 raised in 2013 for Nevada County’s nonprofits. More than 30 ladies participated in the Relay. For information about The Tapestry Network of Nevada County, visit http://nevadacountybamtapestry.com.
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Half-pound of heroin, 200 pot plants, $26K seized in Penn Valley drug bust
- Traffic stop in Grass Valley leads to drug sale charges
- Nevada County group pushes for more restrictive outdoor pot grow ordinance
- Nevada County awards $1M contract to Penn Valley firm for Loma Rica-Brunswick intersection
- Running with Alzheimer's: Teammates, road races provide purpose for lifelong runner (VIDEO)