American Legion Post 130 will host its annual program honoring veterans at 11 a.m., Monday, at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Park. In addition to a “fly over,” local veterans will be honored and will share their battle experiences. Wreaths will be laid by local veterans’ units, and the program will close with a three-volley rifle salute and a bagpipe version of “Amazing Grace.” Following the program, Boy Scout Troop 855 will be selling full-plate picnic lunches for $5. In the event of rain, the program will be moved to the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building, 255 South Auburn St. For more information, call 530-272-2160.
American Legion hosts annual Memorial Day program
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Cal Fire reports possible fires due to lightning strike
- Maintaining what they love: Gold Country Trails Council keeps trails in top form
- Daniel Adamik, convicted of murder in 1981 Nevada County case, denied parole
- Community member hosts party for Scotten School student battling leukemia