American Legion Post 130 will host its annual program honoring veterans at 11 a.m., Monday, at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Park. In addition to a “fly over,” local veterans will be honored and will share their battle experiences. Wreaths will be laid by local veterans’ units, and the program will close with a three-volley rifle salute and a bagpipe version of “Amazing Grace.” Following the program, Boy Scout Troop 855 will be selling full-plate picnic lunches for $5. In the event of rain, the program will be moved to the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building, 255 South Auburn St. For more information, call 530-272-2160.
American Legion hosts annual Memorial Day program
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Six-greenhouse pot grow in South County busted
- Tight housing market the 'new normal' in Nevada County (GRAPH)
- Nevada County supervisors scheduled to vote on marijuana grow ordinance
- John Baggett brings experience, vision to new role in Colfax
- (LIVE COVERAGE) Nevada County Supes meeting, marijuana vote