A 30-day walk-a-thon has been organized to help raise funds for the Friendship Club, the OverTime, the Hangout and the KARE Crisis nursery. The “walk4youthpeace1” is giving pedometers and pledge sheets to those interested in participating. A group-walk-day is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, at Condon Park, ending with a barbecue, basketball, ‘squirt-gun-fight’ and lots of walking. The event is organized by members of OverTime, a program open to teens between 8 and 11 p.m. every Friday night at the Park Avenue gym through May 31. For more information, contact Mike at 530-615-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Terry Lamphier: Big development is progress? Really?
- Washington murder victim, dog both shot
- Andy Burton: What good are rules without accountability?
- Nevada County marijuana: Officials, grower advocate discuss next steps for grow rules
- Nevada City's Summer Nights festival brings the music (PHOTO GALLERY)