A 30-day walk-a-thon has been organized to help raise funds for the Friendship Club, the OverTime, the Hangout and the KARE Crisis nursery. The “walk4youthpeace1” is giving pedometers and pledge sheets to those interested in participating. A group-walk-day is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, at Condon Park, ending with a barbecue, basketball, ‘squirt-gun-fight’ and lots of walking. The event is organized by members of OverTime, a program open to teens between 8 and 11 p.m. every Friday night at the Park Avenue gym through May 31. For more information, contact Mike at 530-615-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
30-day walk-a-thon benefits Nevada County youth programs
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Judge rules authorities can remove marijuana grow in Nevada County appeal
- Nevada County resident William Rolland awarded $4.6 million in Florida civil suit
- Police blotter: Elderly woman reported stuck in roundabout
- Owner of Nevada City's Stonehouse plan October opening
- Life's lessons: NU grad gathers wisdom from community elders