A 30-day walk-a-thon has been organized to help raise funds for the Friendship Club, the OverTime, the Hangout and the KARE Crisis nursery. The “walk4youthpeace1” is giving pedometers and pledge sheets to those interested in participating. A group-walk-day is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, at Condon Park, ending with a barbecue, basketball, ‘squirt-gun-fight’ and lots of walking. The event is organized by members of OverTime, a program open to teens between 8 and 11 p.m. every Friday night at the Park Avenue gym through May 31. For more information, contact Mike at 530-615-8312 or email@example.com.
30-day walk-a-thon benefits Nevada County youth programs
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Man arrested after crashing into Cottage Hill School playground
- Couple charged in gold, welfare fraud cases offered plea deal
- Homeless people in Nevada County discuss their problems, offer possible solutions to their plight
- Beyond the county: France scolds Putin, Oregon shooting veteran gunned down
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River outlasts Sutter, 21-14