A 30-day walk-a-thon has been organized to help raise funds for the Friendship Club, the OverTime, the Hangout and the KARE Crisis nursery. The “walk4youthpeace1” is giving pedometers and pledge sheets to those interested in participating. A group-walk-day is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, at Condon Park, ending with a barbecue, basketball, ‘squirt-gun-fight’ and lots of walking. The event is organized by members of OverTime, a program open to teens between 8 and 11 p.m. every Friday night at the Park Avenue gym through May 31. For more information, contact Mike at 530-615-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
30-day walk-a-thon benefits Nevada County youth programs
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- George Boardman: Virtual, augmented reality? We have plenty of experience in those areas
- Woman sentenced in drunken boating case
- Members launch campaign to keep doors of Grass Valley Elks Lodge open
- Brothers sentenced to life without parole for murder of Brian Spalding
- Camping in the backyard: Inn Town Campground in Nevada City set to open this summer