A 30-day walk-a-thon has been organized to help raise funds for the Friendship Club, the OverTime, the Hangout and the KARE Crisis nursery. The “walk4youthpeace1” is giving pedometers and pledge sheets to those interested in participating. A group-walk-day is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, at Condon Park, ending with a barbecue, basketball, ‘squirt-gun-fight’ and lots of walking. The event is organized by members of OverTime, a program open to teens between 8 and 11 p.m. every Friday night at the Park Avenue gym through May 31. For more information, contact Mike at 530-615-8312 or email@example.com.
30-day walk-a-thon benefits Nevada County youth programs
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada Union High School grad faces long recovery after injuries from burn accident
- Victim ID'd, homicide investigation continues
- Nevada City's Inn Town Campground to open for business July 1
- Former Nevada Union High School star dives into US Olympic swim team trials
- UPDATE: Foresthill fire now burning at 1,000 acres, 12% contained (VIDEO)