A 30-day walk-a-thon has been organized to help raise funds for the Friendship Club, the OverTime, the Hangout and the KARE Crisis nursery. The “walk4youthpeace1” is giving pedometers and pledge sheets to those interested in participating. A group-walk-day is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, at Condon Park, ending with a barbecue, basketball, ‘squirt-gun-fight’ and lots of walking. The event is organized by members of OverTime, a program open to teens between 8 and 11 p.m. every Friday night at the Park Avenue gym through May 31. For more information, contact Mike at 530-615-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
30-day walk-a-thon benefits Nevada County youth programs
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Community rallies around critically injured NU football player
- Music teacher booked on child porn charges
- Commercial Street restaurant closes amid concerns over boardwalk; new restaurant set to fill spot in Nevada City
- Grass Valley Police investigate suspicious death on Berryman Street
- Nevada Union teen dies as result of car crash injuries