A 30-day walk-a-thon has been organized to help raise funds for the Friendship Club, the OverTime, the Hangout and the KARE Crisis nursery. The “walk4youthpeace1” is giving pedometers and pledge sheets to those interested in participating. A group-walk-day is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, at Condon Park, ending with a barbecue, basketball, ‘squirt-gun-fight’ and lots of walking. The event is organized by members of OverTime, a program open to teens between 8 and 11 p.m. every Friday night at the Park Avenue gym through May 31. For more information, contact Mike at 530-615-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
30-day walk-a-thon benefits Nevada County youth programs
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- ALEXANDER ROSSI WINS INDIANAPOLIS 500!
- AUTO SPORTS: Nevada City native Rossi gears up for Indianapolis 500
- Nevada City's Alexander Rossi signs as only American driver with F1 team (VIDEO)
- In honor and remembrance: Two additional walls to be added to Memorial Park in Grass Valley
- Groups endorse candidates, ballot measures and hope members listen in Nevada County