A 30-day walk-a-thon has been organized to help raise funds for the Friendship Club, the OverTime, the Hangout and the KARE Crisis nursery. The “walk4youthpeace1” is giving pedometers and pledge sheets to those interested in participating. A group-walk-day is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, at Condon Park, ending with a barbecue, basketball, ‘squirt-gun-fight’ and lots of walking. The event is organized by members of OverTime, a program open to teens between 8 and 11 p.m. every Friday night at the Park Avenue gym through May 31. For more information, contact Mike at 530-615-8312 or email@example.com.
30-day walk-a-thon benefits Nevada County youth programs
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Cats and dogs: One big happy family — or not?
- New report, public tour on tap at Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park in Nevada County
- State of Jefferson, Keep It California to square off at Nevada County public meeting
- Police blotter: Fight reported as involving club, knife
- Traffic stop in Grass Valley leads to drug sale charges