The Northridge Restaurant in Nevada City will donate 10 percent of all sales to Welcome Home Vets on May 20 between 5 and 9 p.m. Proceeds will go toward programs that provide counseling and other services to veterans and their families to help veterans adjust to home and civilian life after military service. All services are provided at no cost to the veterans and families. Welcome Home Vets, a 501(c)3 organization, provides individual, group, couples and family therapy; peer support; referrals for jobs, housing, medical care and more; family wellness programs; and community education classes. For more information, email email@example.com or call 530-272-3300.
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Scientists: Increasing evaporation influencing historic changes at Lake Tahoe
- Officials: Full containment of Lowell Fire approaches
- Firefighters thank Nevada County for its support during Lowell Fire
- Cal Fire reports possible fires due to lightning strike