The Northridge Restaurant in Nevada City will donate 10 percent of all sales to Welcome Home Vets on May 20 between 5 and 9 p.m. Proceeds will go toward programs that provide counseling and other services to veterans and their families to help veterans adjust to home and civilian life after military service. All services are provided at no cost to the veterans and families. Welcome Home Vets, a 501(c)3 organization, provides individual, group, couples and family therapy; peer support; referrals for jobs, housing, medical care and more; family wellness programs; and community education classes. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-272-3300.
Dinner at Northridge benefits veterans
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Drought, fire risk causes insurance headaches for Nevada County homeowners
- 'The Blue Vault of Heaven': Alonzo Delano and The Great Grass Valley Fire of 1855
- Judge rules illegal search, pot case dismissed
- Police blotter: Racial fight with shots fired reported at campground
- 'Sovereign citizen' Brent Cole sentenced in shootout