This Thursday, Grass Valley attorney Joe Bell, a Peace Corps volunteer, will share experiences, history and photos from his trip back to Ethiopia, 50 years after serving as a volunteer. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps, roughly 100 former volunteers and family members arrived in Ethiopia Sept. 24, 2012. In collaboration with The Sierra Nevada Group, Bell will present “Ethiopia: The Historic Tour” Thursday at Seaman’s Lodge in Nevada City. The presentation will include Ethiopian music, photos and a “narrative tour of 1,000 years of Ethiopian history.” Doors open at 6:30 p.m., announcements at 7, and the presentation begins at 7:15. Please RSVP by calling 530-477-7502 or email email@example.com.
Former Peace Corps volunteer revisits Ethiopia 50 years later
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Drought, fire risk causes insurance headaches for Nevada County homeowners
- 'The Blue Vault of Heaven': Alonzo Delano and The Great Grass Valley Fire of 1855
- Judge rules illegal search, pot case dismissed
- Police blotter: Racial fight with shots fired reported at campground
- 'Sovereign citizen' Brent Cole sentenced in shootout