This Thursday, Grass Valley attorney Joe Bell, a Peace Corps volunteer, will share experiences, history and photos from his trip back to Ethiopia, 50 years after serving as a volunteer. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps, roughly 100 former volunteers and family members arrived in Ethiopia Sept. 24, 2012. In collaboration with The Sierra Nevada Group, Bell will present “Ethiopia: The Historic Tour” Thursday at Seaman’s Lodge in Nevada City. The presentation will include Ethiopian music, photos and a “narrative tour of 1,000 years of Ethiopian history.” Doors open at 6:30 p.m., announcements at 7, and the presentation begins at 7:15. Please RSVP by calling 530-477-7502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Former Peace Corps volunteer revisits Ethiopia 50 years later
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Three-vehicle collision on Highway 49 injures eight
- Nevada County supervisor candidate claims sheriff sparked 'whisper campaign'
- George Boardman: One more opinion about Measure W
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River falls to Casa Roble in Sac-Joaquin Section DIV championship game
- Police blotter: Thefts of political signs reported