This Thursday, Grass Valley attorney Joe Bell, a Peace Corps volunteer, will share experiences, history and photos from his trip back to Ethiopia, 50 years after serving as a volunteer. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps, roughly 100 former volunteers and family members arrived in Ethiopia Sept. 24, 2012. In collaboration with The Sierra Nevada Group, Bell will present “Ethiopia: The Historic Tour” Thursday at Seaman’s Lodge in Nevada City. The presentation will include Ethiopian music, photos and a “narrative tour of 1,000 years of Ethiopian history.” Doors open at 6:30 p.m., announcements at 7, and the presentation begins at 7:15. Please RSVP by calling 530-477-7502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Former Peace Corps volunteer revisits Ethiopia 50 years later
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Honey oil lab charges in dispute
- Police blotter: Suspicious man arrested on suspicion of failing to register as sex offender
- Riebes shows their appreciation for local law enforcement
- Nevada County opens public comment period for revised Dollar General store in Alta Sierra
- Police blotter: Screaming cow reported