This Thursday, Grass Valley attorney Joe Bell, a Peace Corps volunteer, will share experiences, history and photos from his trip back to Ethiopia, 50 years after serving as a volunteer. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps, roughly 100 former volunteers and family members arrived in Ethiopia Sept. 24, 2012. In collaboration with The Sierra Nevada Group, Bell will present “Ethiopia: The Historic Tour” Thursday at Seaman’s Lodge in Nevada City. The presentation will include Ethiopian music, photos and a “narrative tour of 1,000 years of Ethiopian history.” Doors open at 6:30 p.m., announcements at 7, and the presentation begins at 7:15. Please RSVP by calling 530-477-7502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Former Peace Corps volunteer revisits Ethiopia 50 years later
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Man seriously injured in Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd. car crash
- Turkey Trot: Nevada County celebrates Thanksgiving, raises money for suicide prevention at 10th annual race
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Alleged Nevada County embezzler arrested in Oregon
- Whether Victory or Death: Grass Valley woman tracks life in Hitler's Germany