My wife and I were hiking at Scotts Flat Lake when we noticed a freshly burned patch in the forest. On our way out, I questioned a staff member at the launch ramp about the fire, and he said that prior to the fire, PG&E had been informed about a tree leaning on power lines, which they inspected and then left. Some time later, a fire was started by sparking across the lines. How can this happen?
PG&E needs to be reminded of their safety pledge
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County advocates for peace
- Widowers to meet
- Easter candy available from NC Chamber
- Lunch at the Crossroads on Friday
- The Newcomers Club presents April Fashion Show