Lost in a crowd — this is how hundreds of western Nevada County residents with limited English language skills feel when making medical appointments, speaking to doctors and nurses, talking to their children’s teachers, filling out job applications, asking for directions or reading labels. These hard-working and motivated people represent a growing number of adults living in our community who want to learn or improve their English speaking, understanding, reading, and writing skills.
Language instruction available for non-English-speaking adults
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Gardner/author to speak at garden club meeting
- Homeless man found dead in Grass Valley identified
- Candidate for secretary of state to speak at Nevada County Republican Party’s spring dinner
- Madelyn Helling Library to celebrate Teen Tech Week
- NJUHSD School board trustees to hold meeting