A spaghetti lunch benefit for Dan Stafford will be noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 20 at the Rough and Ready Grange. Stafford was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in August of 2012 and the family has been struggling with costs associated with out-of-area treatment. In addition, family and friends would like to send Stafford and his wife Vicki on a trip to see their niece graduate from college in May. The event will include a meal of bread, salad, beverages and a raffle of services donated by local businesses. The Rough and Ready Grange is located on the right, up the hill just past the fire station at 14550 Rough and Ready Highway in Rough and Ready. There is a $10 suggested donation and raffle tickets are $1 each.
- Former chaplain faces profound challenge after ALS diagnosis
- Two injured in Highway 49 collision near La Barr Meadows Road
- MMA: Local fighter wins bout in 18 seconds
- Nevada County Tea Party: Hate mail casts pall over July 4th parade, new 'Liberty Center'
- Charisse Lolli: About county's hearing on Dollar General