A spaghetti lunch benefit for Dan Stafford will be noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 20 at the Rough and Ready Grange. Stafford was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in August of 2012 and the family has been struggling with costs associated with out-of-area treatment. In addition, family and friends would like to send Stafford and his wife Vicki on a trip to see their niece graduate from college in May. The event will include a meal of bread, salad, beverages and a raffle of services donated by local businesses. The Rough and Ready Grange is located on the right, up the hill just past the fire station at 14550 Rough and Ready Highway in Rough and Ready. There is a $10 suggested donation and raffle tickets are $1 each.
Spaghetti lunch will help raise funds for cancer patient
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Bear River High School senior makes progress in recovery following 'freak' football injury
- Motorcyclist dies in Highway 20 crash
- Rich Ulery: On paper, county budget tells a different story
- Home Design: Lisa Quinn brings renowned experience to Nevada City home store
- Nevada County officials, medical marijuana advocates to gather for 2nd meeting