A 5K Walk/Jog Leukemia Fundraiser in honor of Bear River High School senior Austin Dowling will be at the BRHS track on Saturday, Apr. 6. Registration begins at 8:30 and the 5K begins at 10 a.m. Imagine being 17 and having your senior year of high school put on hold to fight Leukemia. Dowling was blind-sided by this news on Feb. 18 and since then has been in the hospital undergoing treatments with his family by his side. The community is invited to join friends and family for a fun-filled event to help raise funds to defray growing medical expenses. To register for the 5K, visit the Austin Dowling Public Event Facebook page. Donations can be sent to the Austin Dowling Leukemia Fund at El Dorado Savings Bank.
Austin Dowling fundraiser slated for April 6
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Housing element project critics want Nevada County to cast wider net for high density housing (INTERACTIVE MAP)
- Western Nevada County community supports family in racial incident
- Judge rules illegal search, pot case dismissed
- VIDEO: Sacramento Kings Foundation helps Magnolia school replace stolen iPads
- Traveling like turtles: Nevada City couple circumnavigates the globe