Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Cats and dogs: One big happy family — or not?
- New report, public tour on tap at Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park in Nevada County
- State of Jefferson, Keep It California to square off at Nevada County public meeting
- Police blotter: Fight reported as involving club, knife
- Traffic stop in Grass Valley leads to drug sale charges