Mark your calendars now for the 20th Annual Spring Garden Tour, hosted by Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills (SISF), scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, May 18 and 19. This event is a self-guided tour of six privately-owned gardens in Grass Valley, Nevada City and Penn Valley. Gardens are open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the cost is $20 in advance or $25 at the garden gate. Tickets go on sale in early March. Wear comfortable shoes, bring a hat, and don’t forget your camera on this four-to-five hour excursion. The Garden Tour is the primary fundraiser of Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills, a global women’s service organization supporting women and children in our community and abroad. The monies raised from the garden tour contribute to the health and well-being of those in need of opportunity and hope. Past groups that have been supported include Hospice, Grad nights, Hospitality House, Kare Crisis Nursery, Read Me a Story, Pal Program, Friendship Club, The Cinderella Project and many more. Please help us by sponsoring the garden tour so that we may reach out to more people in need! For more information, call Linda Sanderson at 530-273-7989 or email email@example.com to become a sponsor TODAY and discuss sponsorship benefits. For more information about the Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills, visit www.SierraSoroptimist.org.
Soroptimists to host 20th Annual Spring Garden Tour
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada County offers low-income homebuyers down payment assistance
- Ostrofe: Should you sell your Russian investments?
- CHP on hunt for Camptonville hit and run driver
- Candidate Forums by League of Women Voters coming up
- Cats seek new homes
- Second kidnap attempt reported in South Nevada County
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges