The Nevada County Contractors’ Association will host an EPA Lead Safety seminar from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on March 22 at 149 Crown Point Court, Suite A in Grass Valley. This seminar will consist of the new federal law which requires all contractors who disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities and schools built before 1978 to be certified and follow specific work practices. The cost to members of the NCCA is $200 or $250 for non-members. Lunch is included. For more information visit www.nccabuildingpros.com or call 530-274-1919.
- Terry Lamphier: Big development is progress? Really?
- Washington murder victim, dog both shot
- Grass Valley man stays patient, positive while awaiting kidney donor
- Andy Burton: What good are rules without accountability?
- Nevada County marijuana: Officials, grower advocate discuss next steps for grow rules