Pat Doscher, 2013 Penny Drive chairman for Friends of Hospice, has announced the first Penny Drive of the year. Four times a year, a Penny Drive takes place at various merchant locations for two consecutive days to benefit Hospice of the Foothills. FOH members will sit at tables in front of local merchants and collect coins and monies from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 28 and 29 and will also answer questions regarding Friends of Hospice and Hospice of the Foothills. Stop by and say hello, and if you have any extra coins, please drop them in the container … it will benefit and promote the work of Hospice of the Foothills, which affirms life and promotes dignity at the end of life by providing professional, comprehensive and compassionate care to the patients, their loved ones and the community.
Friends of Hospice announces ‘Penny Drive’
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Fundraiser for judicial candidate Angela Bradrick
- Ostrofe: Should you sell your Russian investments?
- Honoring Rachel Cory
- Candidate Forums by League of Women Voters coming up
- Yard and bake sale to benefit Forest Lake Christian School
- Grass Valley ‘Most dangerous intersection’ to get upgrade
- Kellermanns honored as unsung heroes by Dalai Lama
- Empire Mine contractor says tourist tunnel ‘was ready to go’
- Nevada City man arrested in connection with domestic violence charges
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business