A special dedication of plaques honoring three Nevada County fallen heroes will be at 10 a.m. March 30 on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge, formerly known as the Brighton Street Bridge Overpass. A reception at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building on South Auburn Street will follow. Sponsored by the Blue Star Mothers of America, Sierra Nevada, California Chapter 12, the event will honor Lance Cpl. Adam Strain, USMC, who graduated from Nevada Union High School in 2003; Lance Cpl. John “JT” Lucente, USMC, who graduated from Bear River High School in 2004; and Cpl. Sean Stokes, USMC, who graduated from Bear River in 2001. Those interested in attending are asked to RSVP prior to March 25 by calling 530-273-0163 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dedication to honor local fallen heroes
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- As firefighters battle Lowell Fire, Nevada County community does its part to help
- Grass Valley City Council opens dialogue to medical marijuana cultivation
- Cal Fire: Full containment of Lowell Fire possible by weekend (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire
- LOWELL FIRE: More than 800 fight Lowell Fire in Nevada, Placer counties (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)