A special dedication of plaques honoring three Nevada County fallen heroes will be at 10 a.m. March 30 on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge, formerly known as the Brighton Street Bridge Overpass. A reception at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building on South Auburn Street will follow. Sponsored by the Blue Star Mothers of America, Sierra Nevada, California Chapter 12, the event will honor Lance Cpl. Adam Strain, USMC, who graduated from Nevada Union High School in 2003; Lance Cpl. John “JT” Lucente, USMC, who graduated from Bear River High School in 2004; and Cpl. Sean Stokes, USMC, who graduated from Bear River in 2001. Those interested in attending are asked to RSVP prior to March 25 by calling 530-273-0163 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dedication to honor local fallen heroes
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Two arrested, 650 pot plants seized in Rough and Ready
- Nevada Union High School grad faces long recovery after injuries from burn accident
- Victim ID'd, homicide investigation continues
- Nevada City's Inn Town Campground to open for business July 1
- Show of support: Bear River High School community lends shoulder to family of injured athlete