A special dedication of plaques honoring three Nevada County fallen heroes will be at 10 a.m. March 30 on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge, formerly known as the Brighton Street Bridge Overpass. A reception at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building on South Auburn Street will follow. Sponsored by the Blue Star Mothers of America, Sierra Nevada, California Chapter 12, the event will honor Lance Cpl. Adam Strain, USMC, who graduated from Nevada Union High School in 2003; Lance Cpl. John “JT” Lucente, USMC, who graduated from Bear River High School in 2004; and Cpl. Sean Stokes, USMC, who graduated from Bear River in 2001. Those interested in attending are asked to RSVP prior to March 25 by calling 530-273-0163 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dedication to honor local fallen heroes
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada Union teen dies as result of car crash injuries
- Community rallies around critically injured NU football player
- Pedestrian flown to Roseville after being hit by vehicle
- 'The Blue Vault of Heaven': Alonzo Delano and The Great Grass Valley Fire of 1855
- Drought, fire risk causes insurance headaches for Nevada County homeowners