A special dedication of plaques honoring three Nevada County fallen heroes will be at 10 a.m. March 30 on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge, formerly known as the Brighton Street Bridge Overpass. A reception at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building on South Auburn Street will follow. Sponsored by the Blue Star Mothers of America, Sierra Nevada, California Chapter 12, the event will honor Lance Cpl. Adam Strain, USMC, who graduated from Nevada Union High School in 2003; Lance Cpl. John “JT” Lucente, USMC, who graduated from Bear River High School in 2004; and Cpl. Sean Stokes, USMC, who graduated from Bear River in 2001. Those interested in attending are asked to RSVP prior to March 25 by calling 530-273-0163 or emailing email@example.com.
Dedication to honor local fallen heroes
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Community mourns Nevada Union student who died in hiking accident
- Police Blotter: Biker attacks boy, dehydrated pregnant woman
- Home at last: School helps celebrate foster children's new 'forever family'
- County launches seasonal efforts to remove illegal roadside vendors
- Honoring exceptional care, compassion