Child Advocates of Nevada County will be hosting its annual Easter See’s Candy sale beginning March 15. Their See’s store is located in the Pine Creek center on Freeman Lane next to Dollar Tree. Look for the signs. Store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily until Easter. The sale of See’s Candy is our biggest fundraiser, and all proceeds benefit Child Advocates’ programs to help Nevada County’s children grow up free from abuse and neglect. Programs supported from the sale include Court Appointed Special Advocates, Child Safety Puppeteers, Foothills Healthy Babies and Welcome Baby. For information or for quantity or business sales, call 530-265-9550, ext. 221.
- 32 arrested in Sutter County sex sting
- All in the family: Mother Truckers, Natural Selection, and now The Country Store
- Refusing to ghost: Documentary chonicles 'Little Town of Washington'
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Two cases against Milhous set for trial in Nevada County next year