Nevada City Parks and Recreation and Northern Sierra Aquatics are partnering to offer lifeguard training to anyone who is at least 15 years old, is a strong swimmer, enjoys working with children and is able to work outdoors. Lifeguarding is a rewarding job as well as great training for future employment. Lifeguards learn about professionalism, decision-making, teamwork, leadership, customer service and, most importantly, how to save lives. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Course will be offered during spring break (March 25 through 29) at Memorial Park Pool. Registration is due March 7.
Lifeguard training offered
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada County offers low-income homebuyers down payment assistance
- Ostrofe: Should you sell your Russian investments?
- CHP on hunt for Camptonville hit and run driver
- Candidate Forums by League of Women Voters coming up
- Cats seek new homes
- Second kidnap attempt reported in South Nevada County
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges