Experience a day in the life of a “fox walker” — see what‘s being done on the land at Burton Homestead and discover “the story of the day” as a spontaneous adventure in tracking and earth skills through keen observation and nature awareness. Learn about building a fire and shelter. Practice the “Art of Questioning.” Explore nature with new eyes and senses. Rick Berry and Scott Woodland, trained by Tom Brown Jr., teaches Earth Skills to kids through their 4EEE programs (www.4eee.org) and will lead us on our own intimate exploration of the natural world – an introduction into what it is like to be a “fox walker.” The outing is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Feb. 16. For more information call 530-272-5994 ext. 200 or visit www.BearYubaLandTrust.org.
Adventure in tracking and earth skills with BYLT
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada Joint Union High, Grass Valley, Nevada City school districts cancel Wednesday classes
- Runaway BMW causes multi-vehicle collision on Hwy 49
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Lake of the Pines burglary suspect arrested again
- Robbers in home invasion in San Juan Ridge steal pot, flee