Toastmasters will host a screening of the film, “SPEAK” from 6 to 9 p.m. on Feb. 19 at the Unitarian Universalist of the Mountains Church. The film is about the fear of public speaking and the World Championship of Public Speaking. Filmmakers embarked on a two-year journey conducting hundreds of interviews about public speaking anxiety, as well as capturing the competitive speaking championship. The church is located at 246 Church St. in Grass Valley. A $5 donation is requested. For more information, contact Ruth Schwartz at 530-288-0180.
Film addresses the fear of public speaking
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Twenty years later, questions still linger in Sam Strange double-homicide case that shook Nevada County
- PG&E employee who died while working has been identified
- Grass Valley resident seeks to promote responsible use of public land
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Nevada County marijuana: County releases draft grow ordinance