Toastmasters will host a screening of the film, “SPEAK” from 6 to 9 p.m. on Feb. 19 at the Unitarian Universalist of the Mountains Church. The film is about the fear of public speaking and the World Championship of Public Speaking. Filmmakers embarked on a two-year journey conducting hundreds of interviews about public speaking anxiety, as well as capturing the competitive speaking championship. The church is located at 246 Church St. in Grass Valley. A $5 donation is requested. For more information, contact Ruth Schwartz at 530-288-0180.
Film addresses the fear of public speaking
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Cal Fire reports possible fires due to lightning strike
- Maintaining what they love: Gold Country Trails Council keeps trails in top form
- Daniel Adamik, convicted of murder in 1981 Nevada County case, denied parole
- Community member hosts party for Scotten School student battling leukemia