Partners in English Language Learning is offering training for those interested in becoming volunteer tutors to English-language learners. The two-day training is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., April 20 and 27. Tutors and students must be older than 18 years of age. After training is completed, each tutor will be matched with a student and can meet at times and locations that work best for both of them. Volunteers typically spend one to two hours per week with adult English-language students. For information, call 530-274-8428 or visit http://piell.org.
English-language tutor training set for April
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- North San Juan Fire board to discuss Measure Q
- Clinic to give vaccinations to adults, children
- Roadwork announced for this week
- Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County advocates for peace
- Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Volunteer Nevada County