Partners in English Language Learning is offering training for those interested in becoming volunteer tutors to English-language learners. The two-day training is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., April 20 and 27. Tutors and students must be older than 18 years of age. After training is completed, each tutor will be matched with a student and can meet at times and locations that work best for both of them. Volunteers typically spend one to two hours per week with adult English-language students. For information, call 530-274-8428 or visit http://piell.org.
- Woman assaulted Sunday morning at St. Patrick Parish in Grass Valley
- Female Grass Valley Police Department officers build bond
- Fun on the Fourth in downtown Grass Valley! (VIDEO)
- Carole Chapman: Take down Confederate flag, and that State of Jefferson one while you're at it
- Organic Gardening 101: Weed Control