Partners in English Language Learning is offering training for those interested in becoming volunteer tutors to English-language learners. The two-day training is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., April 20 and 27. Tutors and students must be older than 18 years of age. After training is completed, each tutor will be matched with a student and can meet at times and locations that work best for both of them. Volunteers typically spend one to two hours per week with adult English-language students. For information, call 530-274-8428 or visit http://piell.org.
English-language tutor training set for April
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Community mourns Nevada Union student who died in hiking accident
- Police Blotter: Biker attacks boy, dehydrated pregnant woman
- Home at last: School helps celebrate foster children's new 'forever family'
- County launches seasonal efforts to remove illegal roadside vendors
- Honoring exceptional care, compassion