Partners in English Language Learning is offering training for those interested in becoming volunteer tutors to English-language learners. The two-day training is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., April 20 and 27. Tutors and students must be older than 18 years of age. After training is completed, each tutor will be matched with a student and can meet at times and locations that work best for both of them. Volunteers typically spend one to two hours per week with adult English-language students. For information, call 530-274-8428 or visit http://piell.org.
English-language tutor training set for April
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Pouring on the resources brings Lowell Fire to 60% containment (VIDEO)
- High-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- Local fire units quash vegetation fire on Litton Trail
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire
- Nevada County community helps shore up Amgen debt