Partners in English Language Learning is offering training for those interested in becoming volunteer tutors to English-language learners. The two-day training is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., April 20 and 27. Tutors and students must be older than 18 years of age. After training is completed, each tutor will be matched with a student and can meet at times and locations that work best for both of them. Volunteers typically spend one to two hours per week with adult English-language students. For information, call 530-274-8428 or visit http://piell.org.
English-language tutor training set for April
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- UPDATE: Body ID'd as Donald Mark Ormsby, 51
- UPDATE: Foresthill fire now burning at 1,000 acres, 12% contained (VIDEO)
- Nevada Union High School grad faces long recovery after injuries from burn accident
- Authorities identify 2 men in unrelated fatal crashes
- Nevada City's Inn Town Campground to open for business July 1