Hundreds of Western Nevada County residents with limited English language skills often feel lost in a crowd when making medical appointments, speaking to doctors and nurses, talking to their children’s teachers, filling out job applications, asking for directions, or reading labels. These hard-working and motivated people represent a growing number of adults living in our community who want to learn or improve their English speaking, understanding, reading, and writing skills.
Lost in a crowd
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- North San Juan Fire board to discuss Measure Q
- Clinic to give vaccinations to adults, children
- Roadwork announced for this week
- The Newcomers Club presents April Fashion Show
- Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County advocates for peace