Did you enjoy talking to family and friends over the holidays? Do you miss not talking to someone on a regular basis? HelpLine Senior Information & Assistance has friendly senior volunteers that would like to chat with you. This is a FREE telephone Reassurance service for seniors who live alone in Nevada County. Calls can be purely social, or, if the participant would like, a procedure of safety checks can be set into place. Call HelpLine between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mon. through Fri. to apply over the telephone. This service is free and confidential Now is the time to reach out and make new friends. For more information, call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273.
January 16, 2013 | Back to: NewsBriefs
Free chat line available for seniors living alone
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Former chaplain faces profound challenge after ALS diagnosis
- Two injured in Highway 49 collision near La Barr Meadows Road
- MMA: Local fighter wins bout in 18 seconds
- Nevada County Tea Party: Hate mail casts pall over July 4th parade, new 'Liberty Center'
- Charisse Lolli: About county's hearing on Dollar General