Did you enjoy talking to family and friends over the holidays? Do you miss not talking to someone on a regular basis? HelpLine Senior Information & Assistance has friendly senior volunteers that would like to chat with you. This is a FREE telephone Reassurance service for seniors who live alone in Nevada County. Calls can be purely social, or, if the participant would like, a procedure of safety checks can be set into place. Call HelpLine between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mon. through Fri. to apply over the telephone. This service is free and confidential Now is the time to reach out and make new friends. For more information, call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273.
January 16, 2013 | Back to: NewsBriefs
Free chat line available for seniors living alone
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- LOWELL FIRE: Cal Fire reassessment redraws map to 1,500 acres, 15 percent containment (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)
- LOWELL FIRE: 20 percent containment, 1,700 acres; several injured firefighters released (VIDEO)
- YOUR SHOTS: Grass Valley, Nevada City community on high alert over Lowell Fire
- Grass Valley's Sierra Moonshine: who doesn't love a good home brew?
- UPDATE: Air quality worsened Sunday from Lowell Fire smoke