Did you enjoy talking to family and friends over the holidays? Do you miss not talking to someone on a regular basis? HelpLine Senior Information & Assistance has friendly senior volunteers that would like to chat with you. This is a FREE telephone Reassurance service for seniors who live alone in Nevada County. Calls can be purely social, or, if the participant would like, a procedure of safety checks can be set into place. Call HelpLine between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mon. through Fri. to apply over the telephone. This service is free and confidential Now is the time to reach out and make new friends. For more information, call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273.
Free chat line available for seniors living alone
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- CyberCamp aims to teach Nevada County students cyber security skills
- Dying wish shows special love between two people at Right Hand Auburn Homeless Shelter
- Grass Valley wreck UPDATE: CHP officer rear-ended, flown to hospital
- Study looks to quantify Nevada County's pot economy
- 'Back to balance and harmony': Bowen Therapy offers alternative options to repair the body