Did you enjoy talking to family and friends over the holidays? Do you miss not talking to someone on a regular basis? HelpLine Senior Information & Assistance has friendly senior volunteers that would like to chat with you. This is a FREE telephone Reassurance service for seniors who live alone in Nevada County. Calls can be purely social, or, if the participant would like, a procedure of safety checks can be set into place. Call HelpLine between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mon. through Fri. to apply over the telephone. This service is free and confidential Now is the time to reach out and make new friends. For more information, call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273.
Free chat line available for seniors living alone
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Half-pound of heroin, 200 pot plants, $26K seized in Penn Valley drug bust
- Traffic stop in Grass Valley leads to drug sale charges
- Nevada County group pushes for more restrictive outdoor pot grow ordinance
- Nevada County awards $1M contract to Penn Valley firm for Loma Rica-Brunswick intersection
- Running with Alzheimer's: Teammates, road races provide purpose for lifelong runner (VIDEO)