Did you enjoy talking to family and friends over the holidays? Do you miss not talking to someone on a regular basis? HelpLine Senior Information & Assistance has friendly senior volunteers that would like to chat with you. This is a FREE telephone Reassurance service for seniors who live alone in Nevada County. Calls can be purely social, or, if the participant would like, a procedure of safety checks can be set into place. Call HelpLine between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mon. through Fri. to apply over the telephone. This service is free and confidential Now is the time to reach out and make new friends. For more information, call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273.
Free chat line available for seniors living alone
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- As firefighters battle Lowell Fire, Nevada County community does its part to help
- Grass Valley City Council opens dialogue to medical marijuana cultivation
- Cal Fire: Full containment of Lowell Fire possible by weekend (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire
- LOWELL FIRE: More than 800 fight Lowell Fire in Nevada, Placer counties (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)