Did you enjoy talking to family and friends over the holidays? Do you miss not talking to someone on a regular basis? HelpLine Senior Information & Assistance has friendly senior volunteers that would like to chat with you. This is a FREE telephone Reassurance service for seniors who live alone in Nevada County. Calls can be purely social, or, if the participant would like, a procedure of safety checks can be set into place. Call HelpLine between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mon. through Fri. to apply over the telephone. This service is free and confidential Now is the time to reach out and make new friends. For more information, call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273.
Free chat line available for seniors living alone
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- UPDATE: Serious injuries reported in three-car crash on Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Turkey Trot: Nevada County celebrates Thanksgiving, raises money for suicide prevention at 10th annual race
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Alleged Nevada County embezzler arrested in Oregon
- Whether Victory or Death: Grass Valley woman tracks life in Hitler's Germany