The Food Bank of Nevada County is a nonprofit food assistance agency providing food distribution and nutrition education to hungry individuals and families. Local citizens can fight hunger by donating or volunteering. Community members are encouraged to organize a drive with friends and family at their places of business, school, or congregation, any time of the year. The drive will have a direct impact on the people in need in our community. There are a number of seasonal food and fund drives to participate in, or individuals can run a drive any time of the year. According to the Food Bank, hunger is a reality for one out of every six Americans. Many people believe that the problems associated with hunger are confined to small pockets of society, certain areas of the country, or certain neighborhoods, but the reality is much different. Right now, millions of Americans are struggling with hunger. Those affected by hunger are all around us. For more information on donating or volunteering, call the Food Bank at (530) 272-3796.
January 13, 2013 | Back to: NewsBriefs
Help the Food Bank, help a neighbor
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- LOWELL FIRE: More than 800 fight Lowell Fire in Nevada, Placer counties (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)
- Cal Fire: Full containment of Lowell Fire possible by weekend (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- LOWELL FIRE: Injured firefighters released (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Fairgrounds becomes Cal Fire animal evacuation center
- Air quality: Shifting winds make Lowell Fire behavior, smoke conditions 'difficult to predict'