Shortly after Grass Valley eliminated its parks and recreation department in June 2009 amid recession-induced budget shortfalls, its former director found herself in the city council audience still lobbying for a dog park that she had pushed for.
Former city employee still builds community
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Car show takes over downtown Grass Valley
- Prescription medication take-back day is Saturday
- Blue Star Mothers hosts fundraiser
- Benefit for NCTV celebrates women in film
- Railroad museum expands hours