“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
Group addresses discrimination against people with mental health challenges
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Rough and Ready man charged with attempted murder
- Cherished chapel of love: New owners of Rough and Ready wedding chapel seek to keep tradition alive
- Our View: Discussion on impacts of marijuana cultivation should happen before we vote
- Yuba County landlord guilty in marijuana cultivation case
- Police blotter: Bears reported at bird feeder