“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
Group addresses discrimination against people with mental health challenges
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Drought, fire risk causes insurance headaches for Nevada County homeowners
- 'The Blue Vault of Heaven': Alonzo Delano and The Great Grass Valley Fire of 1855
- Judge rules illegal search, pot case dismissed
- Nevada Union teen dies as result of car crash injuries
- Police blotter: Racial fight with shots fired reported at campground