“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
Group addresses discrimination against people with mental health challenges
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Discovery of $100K during traffic stop leads to arrest
- Grass Valley man stays patient, positive while awaiting kidney donor
- Accused burglar takes seven-year prison deal in multiple Nevada County cases
- Friends organize Nevada City fundraiser to support family of Jodanna Bishop
- Suspicious death in Washington ruled homicide, man ID'ed