“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
- Former chaplain faces profound challenge after ALS diagnosis
- Two injured in Highway 49 collision near La Barr Meadows Road
- MMA: Local fighter wins bout in 18 seconds
- Nevada County Tea Party: Hate mail casts pall over July 4th parade, new 'Liberty Center'
- Charisse Lolli: About county's hearing on Dollar General