“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
Group addresses discrimination against people with mental health challenges
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- All in the family: Mother Truckers, Natural Selection, and now The Country Store
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Kevin Tarsa: Intent behind 'Black Lives Matter' banner
- Presidential debate preview: Trust and temperament key themes in debate (WATCH DEBATE HERE at 6 p.m.)