“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
Group addresses discrimination against people with mental health challenges
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Honey oil lab charges in dispute
- Police blotter: Suspicious man arrested on suspicion of failing to register as sex offender
- Riebes shows their appreciation for local law enforcement
- Nevada County opens public comment period for revised Dollar General store in Alta Sierra
- Nevada City entrepreneur takes on national Women Startup Challenge