“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
Group addresses discrimination against people with mental health challenges
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Fourth Annual Cynthia And Sophia Community Fitness Day in Grass Valley
- Nevada County League of Women voters to discuss 'Housing and Homeless'
- Congressman McClintock, Sheriff Royal to speak at Nevada County Republican women's meeting
- AmeriCorps members to help create defensible space in Nevada County
- A day of disc golf
- Pot, plants seized at South County indoor grow operation
- TV show 'American Pickers' looking for finds in California, could visit Nevada County
- Mail thefts on rise: Reports in Nevada County nearly quadruple from 2014 (StoryMap)
- Reinette Senum: Youth should not let Grandma and Grandpa determine their future