“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
Group addresses discrimination against people with mental health challenges
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Motorcyclist dies in Highway 20 crash
- Nevada County officials, medical marijuana advocates to gather for 2nd meeting
- Nevada City Mayor's initiative seeks to discourage tobacco sales
- Nevada County blotter: 2-year-old child spotted running across highway
- Unrelated burglary, embezzlement cases continue through Nevada County Superior Court