“Our Voices Matter,” a Nevada County anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at SPIRIT, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. The next meeting is Jan. 11. Group members share personal experiences with their own mental health challenges or those of family members to reduce stigma. Learning how to share stories effectively or just come to listen and enjoy refreshments. The meetings are sponsored by NAMI Nevada County and SPIRIT. For more information, call (530) 274-1431 or (530) 272-5022.
Group addresses discrimination against people with mental health challenges
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Police find body of Nevada teen hit by a train near Truckee
- Clients keep coming back to Grass Valley's Reflections Skin Oasis
- Green light on for restoration phase at Bridgeport Historic Covered Bridge in Nevada County
- Police blotter: Oatmeal, Triscuits reported stolen
- Nevada City attorney submits proposal for statewide marijuana legalization initiative