The Veterans of Foreign Wars, Banner Mountain Post 2655, welcomes all former, retired, active and reserve members, both men and women of all military branches, who served in a foreign theater of conflict are invited to join. Meetings are held at 6 p.m. the first Friday of each month at the Nevada City Veterans Building, 415 North Pine St. We are open for social events at 2 p.m. every Friday. Prospective members are encouraged to bring their DD 214 (proof of military service), which will be returned upon verification.
- Former chaplain faces profound challenge after ALS diagnosis
- MMA: Local fighter wins bout in 18 seconds
- Nevada County Tea Party: Hate mail casts pall over July 4th parade, new 'Liberty Center'
- Hiker rescued after 80-foot fall off cliff near South Yuba River in Nevada County
- Charisse Lolli: About county's hearing on Dollar General