Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Two arrested, 650 pot plants seized in Rough and Ready
- Nevada Union High School grad faces long recovery after injuries from burn accident
- Victim ID'd, homicide investigation continues
- Nevada City's Inn Town Campground to open for business July 1
- Show of support: Bear River High School community lends shoulder to family of injured athlete