Golden Empire Nursing and Rehab Center recently honored the six residents who have reached or exceeded the 100-year milestone. Families and friends dined on hors d’oeuvres and enjoyed special music provided by Joe Hammel. Golden Empire specializes in geriatric rehabilitation and care. Their average age is about 87. Safeway donated the decorated cakes for the celebration. Seated front left are Jeannette Olsen and Edna Sauls In the center are Herbert Antonson, Helen Johnson and Hazel Hardin. Standing is Dorothy Sladky.
100-year milestones celebrated
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- UPDATE: Serious injuries reported in three-car crash on Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Turkey Trot: Nevada County celebrates Thanksgiving, raises money for suicide prevention at 10th annual race
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Alleged Nevada County embezzler arrested in Oregon
- Whether Victory or Death: Grass Valley woman tracks life in Hitler's Germany