Golden Empire Nursing and Rehab Center recently honored the six residents who have reached or exceeded the 100-year milestone. Families and friends dined on hors d’oeuvres and enjoyed special music provided by Joe Hammel. Golden Empire specializes in geriatric rehabilitation and care. Their average age is about 87. Safeway donated the decorated cakes for the celebration. Seated front left are Jeannette Olsen and Edna Sauls In the center are Herbert Antonson, Helen Johnson and Hazel Hardin. Standing is Dorothy Sladky.
100-year milestones celebrated
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Grass Valley man arrested after alleged shoplifting incident leads to injured store employee
- Meet Your Merchant: Sparks are flying at Ace Welding
- Nevada Union High School's Luke Browning honored as Nevada County Teacher of the Year
- Nevada City's Alpha building receives long-planned makeover
- Wild car chase ends in man's arrest