More than 100 people from local agencies and organizations attended today’s Child Abuse Awareness Training at the Nevada County Board of Supervisors’ chambers. Presented by Lindsay Dunckel of Director of First 5 Nevada County and Leslie Scott, Emergency Response Supervisor for Child Protective Services, attendees learned the signs of child abuse and what should be done if child abuse is suspected. The event was sponsored by Nevada County’s Child Protective Services, the Child Abuse Prevention Council of Western Nevada County and the Community Support Network of Nevada County, with the support of the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools and First 5 Nevada County. For information about future trainings contact Leslie Scott at (530) 265-1675 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. For online Mandated Reporter training visit mandatedreporterca.com.
- Woman assaulted Sunday morning at St. Patrick Parish in Grass Valley
- Female Grass Valley Police Department officers build bond
- Carole Chapman: Take down Confederate flag, and that State of Jefferson one while you're at it
- Fun on the Fourth in downtown Grass Valley! (VIDEO)
- Organic Gardening 101: Weed Control