More than 100 people from local agencies and organizations attended today’s Child Abuse Awareness Training at the Nevada County Board of Supervisors’ chambers. Presented by Lindsay Dunckel of Director of First 5 Nevada County and Leslie Scott, Emergency Response Supervisor for Child Protective Services, attendees learned the signs of child abuse and what should be done if child abuse is suspected. The event was sponsored by Nevada County’s Child Protective Services, the Child Abuse Prevention Council of Western Nevada County and the Community Support Network of Nevada County, with the support of the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools and First 5 Nevada County. For information about future trainings contact Leslie Scott at (530) 265-1675 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. For online Mandated Reporter training visit mandatedreporterca.com.
Child Abuse Awareness Training
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Two indicted in multimillion dollar commercial loan fraud
- Pursuit ends in arrest on burglary, vehicle theft charges
- Nevada Irrigation District asks for reboot of 36 percent water use reduction proposal
- Mediation set next week in Eskaton Village Grass Valley class action lawsuit
- Take a hike this spring with a new guide to native trees and shrubs