Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
October 12, 2012 | Back to: NewsBriefs
"Jews of the Gold Rush" tour this Sunday
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- LOWELL FIRE: More than 800 fight Lowell Fire in Nevada, Placer counties (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)
- LOWELL FIRE: Injured firefighters released (VIDEO)
- YOUR SHOTS: Grass Valley, Nevada City community on high alert over Lowell Fire
- Cal Fire: 30% containment of the Lowell Fire; full containment by end of month
- Grass Valley's Sierra Moonshine: who doesn't love a good home brew?