Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Nevada County Supervisor Terry Lamphier issues statement regarding criminal investigation
- YubaNet: ‘Web-page visit’ not what it seems in Lamphier investigation
- Three arrested in connection with burglary attempt
- New roundabout set for Sutton Way
- Grass Valley woman arrested with suspected heroin, meth, pot and pills